DEW Engineering and Development is a multi-divisional technology company that designs and manufactures innovative products for global clients. DEW provides a wide range of services and products to our military and commercial customers including: design, test and evaluation; prototyping and development; and manufacturing. DEW offers opportunities for growth, an attractive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and an environment that promotes personal and professional success.
The Mechanical Designer reports directly to the Drafting and Design Supervisor
The Mechanical Designer completes designs efficiently to customer specifications.
Responsibilities & Duties:
(Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following)
Design and Development:
- Mechanical and/or electrical system design and analysis.
- Assist with product development and design for contract requirements.
- Ensure design is in accordance with applicable codes.
- Prepare and review design documents, drawings and specifications.
- Produce layouts and design concepts.
- Provide technical input for various projects.
- Perform and check standard engineering calculations and detail design work.
- Initiate new design ideas.
- Prepare and participate in design reviews as required.
- Prepare Bill of Materials to accompany drawings.
- Ensure all schedules and deadlines are adhered to.
- Attend design and project meetings.
- Ensure all problems are addressed and resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Prepare reports and presentations for various projects.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals.
- Liaise with clients as required and document all activities.
- Ensure proper documentation of all work, products and relevant activities.
- Adhere to all company policies and safety regulations where applicable.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years experience designing in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience 2D and 3D CAD software (preferably AutoCAD and Inventor).
- Experience designing and working with electro-mechanical systems.
- Experienced with DFMA principles.
- Mechanical Technologist 3 Year Diploma (or equivalent).
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Excellent ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent drafting (CAD) skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented
- Analytical and creative thinker
- Strong problem solving skills
If your background is a match and you are interested in pursuing this challenging opportunity, please forward your resume in confidence with “Mechanical Designer” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
DEW is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DEW strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, DEW will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources.