DEW Engineering and Development is a multi-divisional technology company that designs and manufactures innovative products for global clients. DEW provides a wide range of services and products to our military and commercial customers including: design, test and evaluation; prototyping and development; and manufacturing. DEW offers opportunities for growth, an attractive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and an environment that promotes personal and professional success. We currently have an opening for the following position:
Junior Mechanical Engineer
The Junior Mechanical Engineer reports directly to the Senior Engineer.
The Junior Mechanical Engineer’s primary function is to ensure assigned designs meet standards and customer specifications.
Responsibilities & Duties:
(Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following)
Design and Development:
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of components and systems.
- Organize and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for machinery and systems.
- Design machines, components, tools, fixtures and equipment.
- Analyze dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures
- Supervise and inspect the installation, modification and commissioning of systems.
- Investigate failures or unexpected maintenance problems.
- Create and foster teamwork within each project.
- Support the quality and application of existing products driving improvements as required.
- Conduct “Root Cause Analysis” of infield failures and develop designs and strategies for correction.
- Prepare material, cost and timing estimates.
- Ensure proper documentation of all work, products and relevant activities.
- Organize and document design reviews.
- Provide status reports and present to the Program Manager as required.
- Encourage open communication within team.
- Prepare proposals and design concepts
- Liaise with clients as required and document all activities.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety regulations and follow the environmental and quality management systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with product and process design.
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD software (preferably AutoCAD and Inventor).
- Experience with DFMA principles
- Experience with manufacturing processes and limitations
- Experience in design for manufacturing and assembly
Education/ Professional Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Qualified to obtain EIT or Professional Engineering License – Ontario
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and scheduling skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated Detail oriented ability
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to think proactively/take initiative
If your background is a match and you are interested in pursuing this challenging career opportunity, please forward your resume in confidence with "Junior Mechanical Engineer" in the subject line to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
While we thank all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
DEW is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DEW strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, DEW will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources. I