DEW Engineering and Development is a multi-divisional technology company that designs and manufactures innovative products for global clients. DEW provides a wide range of services and products to our military and commercial customers including: design, test and evaluation; prototyping and development; and manufacturing. DEW offers opportunities for growth, an attractive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and an environment that promotes personal and professional success.
The CAD Administrator/Mechanical Designer reports directly to the Drafting and Design Supervisor
Manage the AutoDESK Vault Pro document management system. Provide overall support to the engineering team on Vault Pro and Inventor.
Responsibilities & Duties:
(Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following)
- Coordinate and support the overall operation of Engineering system tools.
- Administer the Engineering product data management system (Vault Pro)
- Provide mentoring and Application technical support to Design staff: Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, AutoCAD electrical and Vault.
- Play a key role in contributing to the design and streamlining of the DEW Engineering Change management processes.
- Administer CAD best practices and robust modeling techniques, overseeing a team of Engineers and designers.
- Perform internal CAD user training, schedule outsourced CAD/CAM/CAE training.
- Support printing software: Larson CGM, SDI Editor
- Assist drafters, mechanical designers and engineers in design/drafting duties as required
- Support External departments using Vault (Project managers, Production, Purchasing, Business Development, Purchasing etc.)
- Support Technical Publications department users.
- Support Remote site locations (Miramichi)
- Tech support to Vault Inventor
- Administer Vault Replication
- Training on Vaultpro and WebClient
- Administer Tasks and Upgrades
- Compose and revise CAD User Manuals and Best Practice Work Instructions.
- Research, report and present innovative technologies in the CAD/PLM/FEA worlds.
- Perform CAD system maintenance, backups and yearly upgrades.
- Maintain consistent corporate wide styles and standards.
- Provide input for performance evaluations with Supervisor.
- Adhere to all company policies and safety regulations where applicable.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Minimum 10 years experience designing
- Minimum 10 years experience using Autodesk products
- Minimum 10 years experience using Microsoft office tools
- Hands on experience doing product and process design
- Post-secondary diploma in Mechanical design
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organization, prioritization, planning and scheduling skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to think proactively/take initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented
If your background is a match and you are interested in pursuing this challenging opportunity, please forward your resume in confidence with “CAD Administrator/ Mechanical Designer” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
DEW is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DEW strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, DEW will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources.