DEW Engineering and Development is a multi-divisional technology company that designs and manufactures innovative products for global clients. DEW provides a wide range of services and products to our military and commercial customers including: design, test and evaluation; prototyping and development; and manufacturing. DEW offers opportunities for growth, an attractive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and an environment that promotes personal and professional success.
We are currently recruiting for General Technician (Labourer) positions for a term contract ending November 30, 2021. These are day-shift positions, working a four-day week at $16 per hour.
Responsibilities and Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Read, understand, and follow work/assembly instructions as required for the job.
- Ensure work is performed safely and efficiently, minimizing waste.
- Assist in any work area as required and aid other workers as required.
- Work with supervisory staff to ensure problems are addressed and production demands are met.
- Wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Maintain safe and clean work environment.
- Use required tools properly and maintain them to prevent damage.
- Adhere to all applicable environmental and health and safety regulations as they apply to the job.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Experience using a variety of hand tools and power tools
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Proven ability to work well with others or independently with minimal supervision
- Manual dexterity and physical strength to lift heavy objects
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Capable of performing in a high-volume production facility
If your background is a match and you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please forward your resume in confidence to "email@example.com" with “General Labourer” in the subject line.
While we thank all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
DEW is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DEW strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, DEW will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview, or selection processes, please contact Human Resources.