DEW Engineering and Development is a multi-divisional technology company that designs and manufactures innovative products for global clients. DEW provides a wide range of services and products to our military and commercial customers including: design, test and evaluation; prototyping and development; and manufacturing. DEW offers opportunities for growth, an attractive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and an environment that promotes personal and professional success.
The Senior Project Manager reports directly to the Program Manager
To deliver projects to the customer on time/on budget either directly or through direction of more junior project managers.
Responsibilities & Duties:
(Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following)
Project Planning and Management:
- Responsible for managing customer relations for a Program or Project.
- Responsible for the preparation of operating plans for a specific program and managing projects within the scope of the program.
- Overall responsibility for developing and managing a wide variety of complex and high value projects.
- Reviews all contractual documents, including drawings and specifications before project commencement.
- Create, implement, and administer project schedules and timelines and ensure schedules are adhered to.
- Assign tasks to project team, including the coordination of production resources by issuing work orders through Visual Manufacturing.
- Monitor the progress of all projects and direct corrective/preventative action as required.
- Coordinate design efforts and provide input to design team.
- Coordinate subcontractors, vendors and consultants as required.
- Investigate and resolve and contractual disputes, production problems or project errors efficiently and professionally.
- Ensure QA inspections are complete, and all governing regulations are adhered to.
- Monitors and ensured timely delivery of project deliverables through shipping and receiving departments.
- Coordinate installations as required.
- Ensure projects are completed in accordance to contract deadlines.
- Responsible for project closure, including client follow-up.
- Determine disposition of non-conforming product
- Prepare an accurate project budget and ensure section’s projects stay within budget by exercising sound financial management by minimizing financial risk, controlling costs and maintaining quality project and budget documentation.
- Review or create bills of materials and submit purchase requests to purchasing team and follow-up as required.
- Initiate invoicing with accounting department.
- Prepare budget analysis, revenue reports and project summary upon project completion.
- Provide senior management with timely, accurate financial information.
- Approve purchase orders involving significant expenditures of company funds.
- Prepare progress reports and present as required.
- Ensure the department is updated on all projects.
- Document all project activities and present to senior management as required.
- Conduct New Project Introductions (NPI) and presentations as necessary.
- Contribute to the professional development of employees.
- Supervise and manage the workload of team, ensuring project objectives are met.
- Responsible for the financial review of all projects managed by section.
- Conduct performance reviews.
- Provide timely and clear guidance and information to employees on matters impacting the performance of their duties.
- Provide backup in the absence of assigned Project Managers.
Contribution to Company Growth:
- Assists Director with bid opportunity review and prepares required bids from PSPC and other sources.
- Assist Corporate Development (CD) with the preparation of proposals and help generate new projects.
- Initiate new business opportunities.
- Prepare non-disclosure agreements as required and ensure proper processing.
- Initiates and assists in development and maintenance of strategic alliances.
- Prepares and conducts Red Team reviews of proposals.
- Travel as required.
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety regulations and follow the environmental and quality management systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of eight years Project Management with multiple large and complex projects.
- Experience using enterprise software, with preference for Visual Manufacturing.
- Experience supervising a team.
Education/ Professional Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent.
- P. Eng certification
- PMP certification
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong organizational skills and scheduling abilities.
- Excellent decision-making abilities.
- Able to maintain strong client relations.
- Able to work with a variety of people.
If your background is a match and you are interested in pursuing this challenging career opportunity, please forward your resume in confidence with "Senior Project Manager" in the subject line to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
While we thank all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
DEW is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DEW strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, DEW will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources.