DEW Engineering and Development is a multi-divisional technology company that designs and manufactures innovative products for global clients. DEW provides a wide range of services and products to our military and commercial customers including: design, test and evaluation; prototyping and development; and manufacturing. DEW offers opportunities for growth, an attractive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and an environment that promotes personal and professional success. We currently have an opening for the following position:
Responsibilities / Duties:
Reporting to the Paint Shop Supervisor, the Painter will produce painted surfaces for lifesaving Armor and Defence applications.
- Operate paint booth within guidelines and specifications
- Prepare proper paint colors by mixing paint according to formulas
- Apply paint to parts using air assisted spray painting tools
- Mask off parts of vehicle that need to be protected from paint
- Perform visual inspections to ensure quality standards and specifications are met
- Read, understand and follow drawings, specifications, blueprints and assembly instructions
- Work with the supervisor to resolve any technical, productivity, safety or schedule problems
- Perform general shop duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Review work instructions, procedures and checklists, and ensure that materials and equipment needed for production are ready and the work area is prepared
- Completion of high school
- Experience in industrial painting is required
- Air assisted metal spray painting experience is essential
- Previous experience working with liquid paints such as polyurethane, epoxy, and urethane is required
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic and proven dependability
- Outstanding enthusiasm and motivation
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Capable of performing in a high-volume production facility
If your background is a match and you are interested in pursuing this challenging opportunity, please apply with your resume in confidence.
While we thank all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
DEW is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DEW strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, DEW will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources.