DEW Engineering and Development is a multi-divisional technology company that designs and manufactures innovative products for global clients. DEW provides a wide range of services and products to our military and commercial customers including: design, test and evaluation; prototyping and development; and manufacturing. DEW offers opportunities for growth, an attractive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and an environment that promotes personal and professional success. We currently have an opening for the following position:
Reporting to the Supervisor the General Technician’s main duties will be to work on Armor and Defence equipment in a collaborative environment.
(Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following)
- Review work instructions, procedures and checklists, and ensure that materials and equipment needed for production are ready and the work area is prepared
- Read, understand and follow drawings, specifications, blueprints and assembly instructions
- Perform visual inspections to consistently meet all quality specifications and standards in production
- Complete daily tasks as set out by the supervisor
- Perform work safely and efficiently, minimizing waste
- Use required tools properly
- Meet all production schedules and deadlines
- Work with the supervisor when a problem arises to ensure deadlines are met and errors are minimized
- Perform general shop duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Wear and use appropriate safety equipment
- Perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks, including heavy lifting
- Completion of high school
- Experience operating a variety of equipment, machines and tools is an asset
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Capable of performing manual labor tasks
- Proven ability to lift heavy objects
- Excellent work ethic and proven dependability
- Outstanding enthusiasm and motivation
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Capable of performing in a high-volume production facility
If your background is a match and you are interested in pursuing this challenging opportunity, please apply with your resume in confidence.
While we thank all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted. DEW is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DEW strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, DEW will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources.