DEW Engineering and Development is a multi-divisional technology company that designs and manufactures innovative products for global clients. DEW provides a wide range of services and products to our military and commercial customers including: design, test and evaluation; prototyping and development; and manufacturing. DEW offers opportunities for growth, an attractive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and an environment that promotes personal and professional success. We currently have an opening for the following position:
Shipping and Receiving Technician
The S/R Technician ensures the safe and accurate moving and recording of product and materials into, around, and from the facility. The Shipping and Receiving Technician reports directly to the Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
Responsibilities & Duties:
(Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following)
- Unload delivery trucks and sign any accompanying paperwork.
- Check Purchase Order and File Numbers and contact the Project Managers as required.
- Check actual received goods against waybill and sign only for goods received in good condition.
- Perform inspection of goods received in accordance with ISO procedures.
- Date and sign shipping documents accompanying delivered goods.
- Complete receiving transactions in Visual Manufacturing, including those from completed work orders.
- Label all incoming inventory and record the project information on the tag.
- Ensure proper storage of incoming steel products.
- Record the storage or delivery location of the inventory on the shipment documents
- Take direction from Shipping and Receiving Supervisor with respect to outgoing items.
- Properly package goods for delivery.
- Prepare waybills for goods shipped as required.
- Attach appropriate labels to the package material.
- Load packages on skids.
- Load skids onto delivery trucks.
- Sign appropriate paperwork accompanying shipments.
- Use production lists to determine delivery destinations for incoming material and products.
- Gather paperwork and coordinate the delivery of incoming material and products to the appropriate areas.
- Document the distribution of materials, including issuing requirements to work orders in visual manufacturing.
- Deliver material and products to the shop floor.
- Move in-process materials to appropriate production areas.
- Deal with shipping and receiving agents.
- Assist with overhead and jib crane operations.
- Driving Forklift and pallet trucks.
- Responsible for cleaning and sweeping shipping and receiving areas.
- Use power and hand tools as required.
- Work well within a team environment.
- Maintain open communication with all team members.
- Adhere to all company policies and safety regulations where applicable.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with steel components and parts required for manufacturing.
- Experience working in shipping and receiving preferred
Education/ Professional Certification:
- High school diploma
- Good computer skills, particularly in Visual Manufacturing.
- Capable of working in a physically demanding setting
- Good communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Comfortable dealing with outside shipping and receiving agents.
If your background is a match and you are interested in pursuing this challenging opportunity, please apply with your resume in confidence.
While we thank all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
DEW is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DEW strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, DEW will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources.