DEW Engineering and Development is a multi-divisional technology company that designs and manufactures innovative products for global clients. DEW provides a wide range of services and products to our military and commercial customers including: design, test and evaluation; prototyping and development; and manufacturing. DEW offers opportunities for growth, an attractive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and an environment that promotes personal and professional success. We currently have an opening for the following position:
Intermediate Project Manager
The Intermediate Project Manager reports directly to the Senior Program Manager.
(Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following)
Project Planning and Management:
- Overall responsibility for assigned projects.
- Responsible for managing a variety of moderate to high value customized projects with guidance from the Program Director.
- Review all contractual documents, including drawings and specifications before project commencement.
- Develop customer order in visual manufacturing to reflect the purchase order, invoicing structure and estimated project costs.
- Create, implement and administer project schedules and timelines and ensure schedules are adhered to.
- Coordinate production resources by issuing work orders through Visual Manufacturing.
- Monitor progress of all work orders.
- Coordinate design efforts and provide input to design team as required.
- Coordinate subcontractors, vendors and consultants as required.
- Investigate and resolve any contractual disputes, production problems or project errors efficiently and professionally with guidance from Senior Project Managers.
- Ensure QA inspections are complete and all governing regulations are adhered to.
- Create and maintain strong customer relations through regular contact and visits.
- Initiate delivery of projects through shipping and receiving departments.
- Coordinate installations as required.
- Make presentations to Senior Management on project status when required.
- Ensure projects are completed in accordance with contract deadlines.
- Responsible for project closure, including client follow-up.
- Develop/Review/Coordinate testing programs to meet contractual requirements and industry or customer specific standards.
- Prepare monthly (on going) project financial updates.
- Prepare an accurate project budget and ensure project stays within budget.
- Exercise sound financial management by minimizing financial risk, controlling costs and maintaining quality project and budget documentation.
- Create bill of materials and submit purchase requests to purchasing team, follow- up as required.
- Initiate invoicing with accounting department.
- Prepare budget analysis, revenue reports and project summary upon project completion.
- Ensure team is updated on all projects.
- Document all project activities and present to the Senior Project Manager and Director.
- Conduct New Project Introductions (NPI) and presentations as necessary.
- Provide guidance to junior project managers (PMs) and students.
- Develop tasks for and manage junior PMs when required
- Assist junior PMs with problem resolution and conflict management.
Contribution to Company Growth:
- Complete preparation of proposals for small and medium sized projects.
- Assist Business Development with the preparation of proposals and bids as required.
- Initiate new business opportunities.
- Ensure new incoming bid requests are documented by the Administrative Assistant.
- Coordinate the preparation of non-disclosure agreements as required and ensure proper processing.
- Initiate strategic alliances.
- Represent DEW at trade shows and various client functions.
- Travel as required.
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety regulations and follow the environmental and quality management systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years Project Management experience.
- Experience managing medium-sized and complex projects.
- Experience using enterprise software, with preference for Visual Manufacturing.
- Experience supervising a small team.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Experience with Government contracts would be an asset.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong organizational skills and scheduling abilities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent decision-making abilities.
- Able to maintain strong client relations.
- Work well within a team environment with a variety of people.
If your background is a match and you are interested in pursuing this challenging opportunity, please apply with your resume in confidence.
While we thank all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
DEW is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DEW strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment.
Upon individual request, DEW will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources.