DEW Engineering and Development is a multi-divisional technology company that designs and manufactures innovative products for global clients. DEW provides a wide range of services and products to our military and commercial customers including: design, test and evaluation; prototyping and development; and manufacturing. DEW offers opportunities for growth, an attractive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and an environment that promotes personal and professional success. We currently have an opening for the following position:
The Production Expeditor reports directly to the Production Manager.
Responsible for the expediting of all production work in the Ottawa facility.
Responsibilities & Duties:
(Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following)
- Follow the priorities identified in Protected Flow Manufacturing (PFM)
- Ensure priority work orders/tasks have the material, services, resources to be completed in a timely manner
- Materials – Identify any shortfalls in material for priority work orders. Flag shortfalls to Supply Chain Manager, Production Manager and/or Vehicle Shop Manager as appropriate
- Take action to attain materials required for priority work orders
- Services - Identify any shortfalls in services for priority work orders. Flag shortfalls to Supply Chain Manager, Production Manager and/or Vehicle Shop Manager as appropriate.
- Take action to attain services required for priority work orders.
- Facilitate flow of material between various departments
- Coordinate production staff and equipment to maximize production effectiveness.
- Liase with the purchasing department to ensure purchase requisitions are completed according to schedule demands.
- Participate in production meetings as required.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Ensure all law and government regulations are adhered to.
- Meet with outside vendors and agents as required.
- Build relationships with suppliers to assist in acquiring materials and services
- Work well within a team environment.
- Maintain open communication with all team members.
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety regulations and follow the environmental and quality management systems.
- Travel as required.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Experience organization materials and production environments
- Experience planning and scheduling in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a large-scale manufacturing environment.
- Experience using Visual Manufacturing or other production scheduling software.
Education/ Professional Certification:
- Post-Secondary education in manufacturing related discipline preferred
- Able to multitask.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong decision-making abilities.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Demonstrated results oriented
- Solid understanding of production processes and Material flow processes.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Strong computer skills.
If your background is a match and you are interested in pursuing this challenging opportunity, please forward your resume in confidence with “Production Expeditor” in the subject line.
While we thank all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
DEW is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DEW strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, DEW will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources.