DEW Engineering and Development is a multi-divisional technology company that designs and manufactures innovative products for global clients. DEW provides a wide range of services and products to our military and commercial customers including: design, test and evaluation; prototyping and development; and manufacturing. DEW offers opportunities for growth, an attractive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and an environment that promotes personal and professional success. We currently have an opening for the following position:
Quality Control Technician
The Quality Control Technician reports directly to the Sr. Director, Compliance
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for the inspection of products and the maintenance of quality records, and for identifying non-conformances.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct conformance testing and analysis of raw materials/components, in-process, and finished goods to ensure compliance with various standards and specifications.
- Coordinate with the Production Department and Project Managers to ensure quality standards are adhered to.
- Ensure that interpretations and guidance are sought from sources independent of those directly responsible for the process.
- Work within a team to ensure accurate and timely inspections and records.
- Make recommendations for improvements to company processes.
- Initiate and follow up on action to prevent the reoccurrence of non-conformities related to our products or services, processes, and our Quality System.
- Identify and record any problems with our products or services, processes and our quality system.
- Verify the solutions to quality problems.
- Control non-conforming products until the non-conformance has been resolved.
- Travel as required.
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety regulations and follow the environmental and quality management systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience as a Quality Inspector preferred.
- Experience in metal fabrication facilities preferred.
- Experience with the use of Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM), optical comparators and other measurement devices.
Education/ Professional Certification:
- Post secondary education in a related field preferred
- Must be able to attain all required certifications
- Ability to read, interpret and follow blueprints and technical documentation.
- Excellent English communication skills
- Work well in a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Intermediate computer skills
If your background is a match and you are interested in pursuing this challenging opportunity, please forward your resume in confidence with “Quality Control” in the subject line.
While we thank all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
DEW is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DEW strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, DEW will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources.