DEW Engineering and Development is a multi-divisional technology company that designs and manufactures innovative products for global clients. DEW provides a wide range of services and products to our military and commercial customers including: design, test and evaluation; prototyping and development; and manufacturing. DEW offers opportunities for growth, an attractive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and an environment that promotes personal and professional success. We currently have an opening for the following position:
The Machinist reports directly to the Machine Shop Supervisor.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Machinists are responsible to machine parts to customer specifications.
- Prepare and adjust production machinery
- Assemble and fit components and machine parts to close tolerance
- Confirm dimensions of machined tools and parts using precision measuring instruments
- Prepare and run CNC lathe and mill as required
- Operate a variety of equipment and machines
- Perform visual inspections to consistently meet all quality specifications and standards in production
- Read, understand and follow drawings, specifications, blueprints and assembly instructions
- Review work order and follow work instructions, procedures and checklists to ensure that materials and equipment needed for production are ready and the work area is prepared
- Meet all production schedules and deadlines
- Work with the supervisor to resolve any technical, productivity, safety or schedule problems
- Perform general shop duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Work safely and efficiently, with minimal waste
- Maintain equipment and keep maintenance records
- Report broken or damaged machinery promptly
- Wear and use appropriate safety equipment
- Travel as required.
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety regulations and follow the environmental and quality management systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two plus years related experience working in a high-volume production facility
- Experience reading blueprints
Education/ Professional Certification:
- A Mechanical Technician – Toolmaking diploma or comparable education
- General Machinist certification
- Must have, or be eligible for, all current applicable certifications
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic and proven dependability
- Outstanding enthusiasm and motivation
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work well within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Capable of performing in a high-volume production facility
If your background is a match and you are interested in pursuing this challenging opportunity, please forward your resume in confidence with “Machinist” in the subject line.
While we thank all those who apply, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
DEW is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DEW strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, DEW will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources.